Living the Life: Domicile RVOctober 11, 2016
Using an Insurance Agent makes senseFebruary 26, 2017
What does an Auto Insurance Agent do when they get into an accident?
Yup, I found myself in this situation recently when I got hit while stranded on the side of the road. I talk to people everyday about auto insurance and what to do or expect when in an accident yet when I was in the situation, I found myself questioning, what do I do? The stress of the moment sure makes you forget what you think you should so. So here is a short list of things you should do. While I hope you never have to use these steps, store them away just in case you do.
What to do when you are in an accident:
- Take a deep breath, compose yourself and make sure everyone involve is ok.
- If medical attention is needed, call 911 right away and get help.
- Take pictures, lots of them.
- Try and take pictures before moving your vehicle from the accident, then move to safety.
- Document exactly what happened. If you have pen and paper, write down the facts or use your phone to make notes but document everything you can so you do not forget.
- Which way were you traveling when the accident occurred.
- What lane were you in
- Who was driving your car.
- Who was driving the other car?
- Obtain the other drivers information:
- Auto Insurance Company Name
- Policy Number
- Contact #
- Take a picture of the insurance card
- Make, Model, Year, and Color
- Auto Insurance Information
- Vehicle information
What NOT to do
- Do not share policy limits with anyone at the scene. They do not need this info and should not ask
- Do not admit fault. This is for the insurance carrier to determine. State the facts but no need to admit fault.
- Do not leave the accident scene until all information is shared and the police have or are leaving as well.
What to expect next:
- You will receive a call from the insurance adjuster assigned who will discuss next steps and how to get your vehicle repaired.
- Depending on coverage, you will pick up a rental car.
- Your car gets fixed back to new!!!
If you find yourself in this situation and you still have questions, please feel free to contact us and we can help.